Hi Friends! As promised the other day today I am bringing you what is probably the easiest dessert recipe. Like EVER. The only thing better than easy is that this recipe is done in the crockpot. No mess, no hot kitchen, just you, enjoying your summer or 4th of July BBQ while dessert takes care of itself.
Before we get to the recipe, let’s get something out of the way. This is old school dessert. It’s not clean; it’s not low fat. It’s full fat and it’s delicious. So plan accordingly. Add an extra day of cardio into your workout schedule or whatever you need to do, but don’t skip this dessert. This recipe has been around with numerous versions for years but there is a great one on the website Recipes That Crock.
What You’ll Need:
- 20 oz. Can of Crushed Pineapple- Well Drained
- 2 21 oz. Cans of Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Box of Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix- Dry (I like Pamela’s brand)
- ½ Cup of Butter- Sliced Thinly
- Layer the pineapple then cherries then cake mix (dry not prepared) in your slow cooker.
- Top with butter.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until cake is set
This will usually feed 8 people, unless you have hungry boys like us, in that case it will feed a family of 4. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it is divine!
Hope you’re all having a great summer. We jetted off on a last minute camping trip with friends so my Date Weekend post may or may not make it on Friday. In the meantime you can keep up with our daily happenings over on Instagram.