It’s Wednesday and the weekend is in sight! Don’t fret on what to make for dinner tonight because I’ve got ya covered!
I love being able to put a home cooked, delicious dinner on the table for my family each evening, but I don’t love being stuck in the kitchen for hours, which is why I’m a huge fan of crockpot recipes. This recipe is an extra bonus because it doesn’t require 6-8 hours like most.
What You’ll Need:
- 1.5lbs. flank steak, cut against the grain in thin strips
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder (if you don’t have arrowroot powder, you can substitute cornstarch)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup gluten free soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup honey
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2-3 broccoli crowns cut into florets
In the crockpot mix the steak and arrowroot powder until it is evenly coated.
Whisk the remaining ingredients except the carrots, onion and broccoli and pour over the steak.
Add the carrots and onion.
Cook on low 4-5 hours or on high 2-3 hours. During the last half hour, add the broccoli and stir.
This recipe will serve 4-6 and we usually have enough for some leftovers. Serve over some white or brown rice and dinner is done. Enjoy!